Kayako is seeking a Customer Advocate to join our Customer Support team. We have offices in Gurgaon and London, but you’re welcome to work from anywhere with an internet connection!
Kayako is one of the leading customer service platforms, used by more than 30,000 organizations to deliver a better customer experience to millions of customers. We believe that customer support is more than just answering questions - we directly impact business goals through providing feedback to our product team and driving customer success. Our support team is one of the main reasons for our success and we want to be role models for our customers.
You'll love this role if you get your kicks by helping others. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
Responsibilities and goals you’ll own:
- Respond to and resolve customer queries through chat, email and the community forum quickly and effectively.
- Educate and empower our customers to get better at customer support through Kayako
- Become an expert on Kayako features and capabilities
- Drive our Voice of the Customer program to advocate for the customer and improve Kayako through incorporating user feedback
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Help to develop the customer support profession through sharing knowledge, contributing to blog posts, experimenting with new innovations and discussing best practices.
- Assist in creating first-class Help Center documentation
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing, personal customer support.
Who will love this job:
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues. If there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- You are energised by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and educate our customers.
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things. There’s always a better way.
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side.
- You bring solutions to the table not just problems. (But you aren’t afraid to point out where we’re going wrong).
- You’re comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Experience and requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems logically and critically
- 1+ years in online customer support, preferable supporting a SaaS product
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of the internet and technical concepts (eg. you understand the terms HTML, browser and cache)
We've brought the helpdesk a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako.
You can trace us back to 2001. We bootstrapped from there to where we are today, but that was just one phase of an exciting journey. We are about to embark on an exciting new period for the company and product, and completely revolutionize the way businesses build support and build relationships with their customers. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!
To apply, please submit a one page cover letter in addition to your resume. The cover letter should show your personality, and help us learn why you want to help provide support for support people. What about this job attracts you?