Kayako is looking for a passionate product manager to join our product team in London.
At Kayako, we are building a customer service platform that is fit for delivering great customer service in the 21st century: software that doesn't put up barriers between customers and businesses, but removes them. We want to make delivering great customer service as easy as possible, so more businesses can do it. We care about that because we're all customers too. Kayako is currently used by 10,000s of businesses to support millions of users. With the new Kayako, we want to take that to 100,000.
If you are passionate about the user experience, are entrepreneurial in spirit and relish breaking down complicated problems into discrete steps and beautiful, elegant and create solutions, this role is for you.
Responsibilities, goals and things you'll be working on
- Improve customer satisfaction and accelerate adoption of Kayako.
- Help hire, build and manage the Kayako product team.
- Accelerate our customer-centric product culture across the entire organisation.
- Ensure we are always building the right thing for the right audience.
- Refine and iterate on the Kayako product strategy and vision.
- Work closely with design, engineering, QA and marketing to ensure every single release and new capability has the maximum impact, managing a crystal clear definition of "done".
Experience and requirements
- 5+ years in a product management role for successful web application(s) where you have successfully owned, managed and shipped significant new products and have managed a team of other product managers.
- Thorough understanding of Agile methodologies with the ability to drive agile adoption and maturity (we aren't agile yet - we're working towards it).
- Experience in leading or building a product team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The thought of your work being used by millions of customers doesn't panic you - it excites you!
Why you'll love working here
- A perfect time - Kayako is a growth stage startup. With around 100 people around the world, this is the perfect opportunity to join a still nascent team and develop your own role.
- Stock options - we want everyone to be invested in the success of their work.
- Unlimited PTO - take time off as you need it.
- Flexible working hours - we like spending time in the office and think in-person contact is important, but we don't inflict rigorous hours on anyone and feel it's important you work the hours that work best for you.
- Private Health Care - because we want to be, and stay healthy
- Choose your own gear - we want you to have all the tools you need to do the work best.
- Childcare vouchers - as a family friendly workplace, we operate a childcare vouchers scheme for all our employees.
- Monthly on-site massage - yes, we have someone come in once a month. No, it’s not weird.
- Fully stocked fridge - keeping the team going. Standard.
- Weekly craft beers, monthly wines and more - every Friday. No reason or explanation needed. And we won’t judge you if you wanted to start on Thursday, either.
- Weekly fruit delivery - to compensate for the weekly beers.
- Weekly team lunches - because we like food, and we love bonding over it.
- Learning opportunities - from regular Lunch'N'Learns to opportunities to attend industry events, we want you to grow in every way possible
We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako. That was just one phase of an exciting journey. We are about to embark on an exciting new phase, and completely revolutionize the way businesses support and build relationships with their customers. Why do we care? Because we're all customers too.