Kayako is seeking an experienced senior PHP engineer to join it's engineering team in London.
Kayako is one of the leading customer service platforms, used by more than 30,000 organizations to deliver a better customer experience to millions of customers.
You'll love this role if you relish ownership of your work, value autonomy love to ship and want the opportunity to work in a small team of brilliant engineers. This is a great opportunity to craft a beautiful application and robust, high performance and highly scalable platform that will be used by hundreds of thousands people in 2015.
What we're working on
We're working on The Next Big Thing™ - one of the most beautiful and easy to use business SaaS applications the world has seen - which will help businesses reach and understand their customers better, so that delivering a great customer service experience is within reach of everyone. Why do we care? Because we're all customers too.
A bit about how we do it
Our backend stack includes: PHP, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, memcache, RabbitMQ and the cool stuff that AWS has to offer. Our frontend stack includes: Ember.js, D3. Build tools include: only the best tools for the job.
Kayako is a product-first organization and that's reflected in how we build our applications and services. Kayako itself is an API-first application. We obsess over API design and architecture, and built our own framework for PHP since nothing else was up to the job (we'll be open-sourcing it). We are huge proponents of creating a microservice architecture and ecosystem.
Some examples of the problems we are currently solving:
- High performance and high scalability (millions of users, millions of emails, Tweets).
- Scaling real-time communications backend and front-end (voice chat, live chat).
- Scaling data warehousing, with the ability to aggregate billions of events and tracking entries.
- Scaling analytics and real-time reporting on the back of all this data.
- Creating scalable, specialised microservices for anything and everything
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to design, build and own key product areas and services.
- Contribute your scalability and performance experience across the team.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvements of the Kayako PHP framework.
- Participate heavily in our R&D strategy.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of architecting and developing for large scale PHP web applications, using a modern object-oriented framework (like Laravel, Symfony 2).
- Demonstrable experience of good, high performance database design.
- Used standard industry tools such as Git, Travis (and all the usual suspects) in previous roles.
- Experience with the AWS stack, Linux servers, web application caching and optimisation.
- Some experience with the front-end development stack and build process (i.e. Sass, Broccoli, Ember.js).
You'd be a great fit if
- You've contributed to core open source libraries or developed plugins.
- You want the opportunity to contribute back to open source as part of your work.
- A passion for great design and usability.
- You believe in API first applications
- We put the customer first.
- We are entrepreneurial through and through.
- We bias towards action.
- We are fanatic about self-improvement.
- We are an analytical bunch and always look for ways to measure and validate.
Perks and benefits
- Stock options - we want everyone to be invested in the success of their work.
- Flexible working hours.
- Choose your own gear - we are a Mac shop (but won’t sneer if you feel differently!)
- Childcare vouchers - as a family friendly workplace, we operate a childcare vouchers scheme for all our employees.
- 25 days paid holiday (in addition to bank holidays!) - with roll-over and buy-back available.
- Monthly on-site massage - yes, we have someone come in once a month. No, it’s not weird.
- Fully stocked fridge - keeping the team going. Standard.
- Weekly craft deskbeers - every Friday. No reason or explanation needed. And we won’t judge you if you wanted to have one on a Thursday either.
- Weekly fruit delivery - to compensate for the weekly beers.
- Weekly team lunches - because we like food, and we love bonding over it.
- Plus - we're working on putting together a generous training/wellbeing benefits package in addition to the above.
We've brought the helpdesk a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako. You can trace us back to 2001. We bootstrapped from there to where we are today, but that was just one phase of an exciting journey. We are about to embark on an exciting new period for the company and product, and completely revolutionize the way businesses build support and build relationships with their customers. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!