Kayako is looking for driven Sales Development Representative to join our London sales team to help drive interest and awareness in Kayako’s products and ultimately turn leads into customers.
We believe traditional help desk software prevents great customer experiences by depersonalizing customers and disempowering teams. That’s why we built Kayako, the unified customer service platform, to help teams work better together to deliver better, personalized and memorable experiences to their customers at scale.
As the flag-bearer of the next level of customer experience in the industry, we are looking for someone who is not deterred by the road blocks and instead enjoys the challenge and keeps moving forward. Someone who doesn’t believe in following the herd. Someone who is proactive and enthusiastic, passionate, super friendly, well-spoken and energetic. A good sense of humor is also always a plus.
This is a great opportunity if you want to get your feet wet in a fast growth company and the perfect step to building your sales career in the ever growing B2B technology space.
Responsibilities and things you'll be working on
You will be the first voice of Kayako the prospect will hear. So we are looking for someone who can leave their mark in the very first conversation.
In this role, you will:
- Help qualify, prioritize, and close inbound leads
- Research accounts, identify key players, and generate interest
- Data collection, maintenance of sales records and recording information on opportunities and prospects on our Salesforce CRM
- Partner with sales executives to strategize your approach
- Schedule quality meetings to hand off to our Account Executive team
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunities quotas
- Contribute to shared team knowledge in regards to best practices, learnings, winnings, etc.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience, whether on the phone, over email, or face-to-face
Experience and requirements:
- A proven record in Sales development / Business development
- The ability to write succinct, thoughtful, personalized emails along with a polished phone manner
- A natural ability to network and build lasting business relationships and ability to communicate effectively with high level decision makers
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
- High acumen for and desire to learn sales
- Experience selling SaaS Software Products
Sales at Kayako
We've got a big vision for what it takes to deliver a greater customer experience, so it is natural that we do sales differently at Kayako. It's why our sales team owns the customer journey just as much as anyone else in the company. We act as trusted advisors to our customers and help them make well informed decisions. We value ownership and accountability from the lead stage all the way through to closure and on-boarding.
You will be a good fit if you have:
- Forward-thinking, driven and collaborative attitude
- Desire to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- An open approach to un-learning and hunger for new learning
Reasons why you’ll love working at Kayako
- Stock options - we want everyone to be invested in the success of their work.
- Unlimited PTO - take time off as you need it.
- Pension - we’ll contribute to your pension so you can plan for the future.
- Private health insurance package - including a 50% discount gym membership, because we want to be and stay healthy.
- Choose your own gear - we want you to have all the tools you need to do the work best.
- Flexible working hours - we love spending time in the office together and think we’re at our best in-person, but we’re realistic and flexible about it.
- Family friendly - we operate a childcare vouchers scheme for all our employees.
- Monthly on-site massage - yes, we have someone come in once a month. No, it’s not weird.
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry - keeping you going. Standard.
- Weekly craft beers and wines - every Friday. No reason or explanation needed. And we won’t judge you if you wanted to start on Thursday, either.
- Weekly fruit delivery - to compensate for the weekly beers.
- Weekly team lunches - because we like food, and we love bonding over it.
- Regular learning opportunities - from Lunch n’ Learns to opportunities to attend the best industry events, we want you to grow in every way possible.
Equal opportunities (it is boilerplate, but we believe it)
Kayako is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
We've brought customer service a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses deliver better, personal customer service to millions of customers using Kayako. We are on a mission to completely revolutionize the way businesses support and build relationships with their customers. Why do we care? Because life's too short for bad customer service. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line.