Kayako is looking for a driven Sales Development Representative to join our sales team in our Gurgaon office to drive interest and awareness in Kayako’s products and ultimately turning a lead into a potential client.
Are you an aspiring salesperson with ambition and a high level of composure? Are you the brightest bulb in the room, able to elicit excitement on any topic? Do you have the emotional intelligence to read people quickly? Do you excel in creative writing? Do you leave behind an unforgettable impression after your conversation? Do you enjoy talking to people and helping them? Are you looking for a high-growth role with a successful startup?
This is a great opportunity if you want to get your feet wet in a fast growth company and the perfect step to building your sales career in the ever growing B2B technology space.
Goals you will own
- Create $1M - $2M USD Annual Recurring Revenue worth of Qualified Pipeline per year ($100K+ per month)
Responsibilities and things you'll be working on
You will be the first voice of Kayako the prospect will hear. So we are looking for someone who can leave their mark in the very first conversation.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct B2B prospecting calls in order to qualify them in an efficient manner, and ensure high translation of lead to revenue
- Understand the business goals and drivers hidden behind the spoken needs
- Develop sales-ready opportunities by qualifying accounts and collecting information that includes business case, timelines, drivers and triggers, influencers, decision makers and other stakeholders and competitive information
- Value sell by nurturing leads and assessing the opportunity, communicating the value propositions for the customer, and following up in a timely manner
- Work closely and collaboratively with the paired Account Executive to develop and implement appropriate prospect strategies and plans
- Ensure regular CRM pipeline discipline, Forecasting accuracy, and customer and opportunity management
Experience and requirements
- 2 - 5 year + experience in prospecting customers over the phone across Americas / Europe
- SaaS Software Product experience will be a huge plus
- Graduate in any discipline + relevant experience
- Computer Science educational background + Business degree is highly desirable (but not mandatory)
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Be proactive, friendly, well-spoken and carry tons of energy, passion, a sense of humour and enthusiasm
- Comfortable and interested in talking over the phone a good part of your day
- The ability to triage competing priorities
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
- Possess a natural ability to network and build lasting business relationships
- Be able to communicate effectively with high level decision makers over the telephone and mail
- Have a working knowledge of the industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority on industry trends, competitive practice, issues, etc.
- Well plugged in the global technology space, tech savvy, and a team player, able to guide and advise both clients and colleagues
- Flexibility to work in varying 24X5 shifts aligned with your customer time zone
Will be a plus
- Knowledge of Customer Support and Services space
- Experience in working with a hybrid sales environment (we work from three different locations)
- Familiarity with SalesForce (CRM), Hubspot (Inbound marketing), monitoring tools such as Totango
Sales at Kayako
We've got a big vision for what it takes to deliver a greater customer experience, so it is natural that we do sales differently at Kayako. It's why our sales team owns the customer journey just as much as anyone else in the company. It's why we only talk with customers who are ready to talk. It's why we value ownership and accountability, from the lead stage all the way through to closure and on-boarding.
We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako. That was just one phase of an exciting journey. We are about to embark on an exciting new phase, and completely revolutionize the way businesses support and build relationships with their customers. Why do we care? Because we're all customers too.