Kayako is seeking a operation engineers to join the operations team to focus on growing and demanding cloud infrastructure. This person would be required to work cross-functionally with a number of teams to ensure health, uptime and least mean response time to all requests.
- Implement Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticCache, VPC, Public/Private Networking, NAT & various other security layers
- Own end-to-end product release to maintaining infrastructure.
- Tackle PHP performance issues: Analyse, trace, debug server performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience.
- Trace issues logged in ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack and take end to end reposibility to get the issues fixed on priority.
- Implement and maintain high availability monitoring infrastructure at every layer of infrastruture.
- Handle disaster recovery situations.
- Be active while working on typical panic situations like DDOS or any hack attempts.
- High emphasis on server automation via Chef.
- Solve hardest software performance issues: Work with software developers closely to improve code base performance (e.g. algorithm redesign), reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency.
- Plan the horizontal infrastructure capacity: Own and drive overall capacity planning work for all different products/services.
- Develop coolest tools to monitor billions of user requests: Write monitoring, reporting, data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests and analysis.
- Provide deepest visibility to what is going on for all products: Run capacity and performance experiments to determine scaling and utilisation parameters for various service tiers.
- At Kayako, a operation Engineer owns everything and ensures the overall health of infrastructure.
- M.S./B.E./B.Tech. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or any other related technical field.
- Prior experience with AWS, Chef, high availability infrastructure & PHP applications is mandatory.
- Strong coding and scripting ability (PHP, Ruby & Bash) will be preferred.
- Solid GNU/Linux experience.
- Strong understand or experience over ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack is preferred.
- Prior experience with docker is good to have.
- Experience over any of the following MySQL, Percona, MariaDB, Galeria or RDS is good to have.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills is must.
- Technology passion driven candidate will will gain preference.
We've brought the helpdesk a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako.
You can trace us back to 2001. We bootstrapped from there to where we are today, but that was just one phase of an exciting journey.
We are about to embark on an exciting new period for the company and product, and completely revolutionize the way businesses build support and build relationships with their customers.
Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!