You'll help bring the new Kayako to life by building the front-end application using Ember.js, ember-cli and Sass. The front-end is a single page web application which interacts with a REST API. It is set to be one of the largest and most widely used Ember.js projects in the world.
In addition to designing and building lots of beautiful interactions and workflows, our front-end app will exist as a framework and toolkit for our customers to build their own JS apps and widget on top of ours, adding more functionality to the helpdesk. This is no usual front-end project!
You'll love this role if you relish ownership of your work, love to ship and want the opportunity to work in a small team of brilliant engineers. This is a great opportunity to craft a beautiful application that will be used by hundreds of thousands people in 2015, and to join a nascent front end engineering team and contribute to its shape and direction.
Experience you'll bring to the team
- Demonstrable Ember.js experience
- Proficient in MVC web architecture.
- Exacting attention to detail.
- Proficient with modern web practices including responsive web development and CSS animations.
- Solid appreciation of web accessibility.
You'd be a great fit if
- You have some full-stack web development experience (PHP, Ruby).
- You've contributed to core open source libraries or developed plugins.
- You want the opportunity to contribute back to open source as part of your work.
- You have a passion for clean, beautiful code standards.
- A passion for great design and usability
- Full time role. Will consider contract.
- Based (at least the majority of the time) in our London office, 20 Ropemaker Street.
- Server: AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcache, RabbitMQ, H2O, Redis, Microservices Architecture, PHP, MySQL, Varnish
- Client: Ember.js, ember-cli, D3, Sass
- Tooling: Git, Travis, Code Climate, ember-cli
- We put the customer first.
- We are entrepreneurial through and through.
- We bias towards action.
- We are fanatic about self-improvement.
- We are an analytical bunch and always look for ways to measure and validate.
We've brought the helpdesk a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako.
You can trace us back to 2001. We bootstrapped from there to where we are today, but that was just one phase of an exciting journey. We are about to embark on an exciting new period for the company and product, and completely revolutionize the way businesses build support and build relationships with their customers. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!
Perks and benefits
- Stock options - we want everyone to be invested in the success of their work.
- Flexible working hours.
- Choose your own gear - we are a Mac shop (but won’t sneer if you feel differently!)
- 25 days paid holiday (in addition to bank holidays!) - with roll-over and buy-back available.
- Monthly on-site massage - yes, we have someone come in once a month. No, it’s not weird.
- Fully stocked fridge - keeping the team going. Standard.
- Weekly craft deskbeers - every Friday. No reason or explanation needed. And we won’t judge you if you wanted to have one on a Thursday either.
- Weekly fruit delivery - to compensate for the weekly beers.
- Weekly team lunches - because we like food, and we love bonding over it.
- Childcare vouchers - as a family friendly workplace, we operate a childcare vouchers scheme for all our employees.
- Plus - we're working on putting together a generous training/wellbeing benefits package in addition to the above.