Kayako is looking for a Front-end Engineer. An experienced front-end engineer who really knows their craft and their toolkit will be ideally suited to join our team of Front-end Wizards.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who has built rich web applications before and understand the challenges between API design and implementation. You'll love this role if you relish ownership, the ability to influence your workflow and way of working, and the opportunity to craft a beautiful application (the agent-facing part of Kayako) that will be used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with our designers to translate visual designs and stories into beautiful user experiences.
- Use your knowledge of good UX and interaction design to recommend and implement approaches and interactions.
- Build a living web application on top of the Kayako server API using our front-end toolkit (using EmberJs, VueJs or ReactJs).
- Participate in design and implementation of new features.
- Develop and communicate Kayako's UX standards and guidelines.
- Experience you'll bring to the team (requirements)
- Relevant experience in crafting web applications using modern tooling. To name a few: Sass/Stylus, EmberJs/VueJs, Webpack/Gulp.
You'd be a great fit if
- You understand full stack development.
- You've contributed to popular open source libraries or written your own.
- You have a passion for crafting beautiful user experiences, with every interaction counting.
- You have a fanaticism for high code standards.
- You are extremely detail oriented.
- You love documenting your code.
- Server: PHP, Node.Js, Elixir
- Front-end: EmberJs, VueJs, Sass, Webpack
- Tooling: Git, Consul, Jenkins
- Chat: Slack
We've brought the helpdesk a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako.
You can trace us back to 2001. We bootstrapped from there to where we are today, but that was just one phase of an exciting journey. We are about to embark on an exciting new period for the company and product, and completely revolutionize the way businesses build support and build relationships with their customers. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!