Kayako is seeking a software engineer to join the Platform team to focus on site-wide performance and capacity projects. This person would be required to work cross-functionally with a number of teams to ensure optimal operation and growth of our computing resources from both a cost and technology perspective.
- Scale the swiftly growing HelpDesk SaaS: Work with product & infrastructure engineering team to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure with billions of user requests, giga bytes of data, hundred giga bps of network flow.
- Own end-to-end design, launch, and operation: Support architecture design, define networking requirement, and help build code from scratch to support new product launch.
- Tackle the state-of-the-art software performance issues: Analyze and debug difficult server performance issues (latest in industry), identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience.
- Solve hardest software performance issues: Work with software developers closely to improve code base performance (e.g. algorithm redesign), reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency.
- Plan the horizontal infrastructure capacity: Own and drive overall capacity planning work for all different products/services.
- Develop coolest tools to monitor billions of user requests: Write monitoring, reporting, data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests and analysis.
- Provide deepest visibility to what is going on for all products: Run capacity and performance experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers.
At Kayako, a Platform Engineer owns capacity insight and tracks it. They present performance and capacity roadmap for critical project and cost analyses in presentation. They find the game changers and bring them on. They work with operations and engineering to perform cutting-edge technologies investigation and cost analysis.
and, a lot of other cool work.
- MS/BE/BTech degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field preferred
- Experience working in extremely large-scale computing infrastructures
- Strong coding and scripting ability (PHP familiarity preferred, Python optional)
- Solid GNU/Linux experience
- Solid database experience, MySQL preferred
- Experience with Cloud Computing a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We've brought the helpdesk a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses connect to millions of customers using Kayako.
You can trace us back to 2001. We bootstrapped from there to where we are today, but that was just one phase of an exciting journey. We are about to embark on an exciting new period for the company and product, and completely revolutionize the way businesses build support and build relationships with their customers. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!