We believe traditional helpdesk software prevents great customer experiences by depersonalising customers and disempowering teams. That’s why we built Kayako, the unified customer service platform, to help teams work better together to deliver better, personalised and memorable experiences to their customers at scale. To reach there we’re recruiting for ‘Product Engineer’ role.
Responsibilities, goals and things you'd be working on:
- Take ownership of a product feature and build it end to end.
- Understand issues like response time, scalability, asynchronous systems, user engagement and write code considering these paradigms
- Write code and review other people’s code.
- Design and develop systems that can scale to 10K+ rps.
- Write design specifications, figure out test, deployment and scaling plans.
- Mentor juniors in the team.
- Establish and implement best practices around software development and delivery
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications.
- Design technical architecture
- Write documents that people love to read
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Strong programming skills in any language (GoLang, PHP, Elixir, Python)
- Experience with Relational Databases; bonus: NoSql
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
Other reasons why you’ll love working at Kayako:
- Stock options - we want everyone to be invested in the success of their work. We might have the best stock options plan you have heard of - ask us about it.
- Unlimited PTO - take time off as you need it.
- Pension - we’ll contribute to your pension so you can plan for the future.
- Choose your own gear - we want you to have all the tools you need to do the work best.
- Flexible working hours - we love spending time in the office together and think we’re at our best in-person, but we’re realistic and flexible about it.
- Monthly on-site massage - yes, we have someone come in once a month. No, it’s not weird.
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry - keeping you going. Standard.
- Daily fruit delivery
- Frequent team lunches - because we like food, and we love bonding over it.
Equal opportunities (it is boilerplate, but we believe it)
Kayako is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
We've brought customer service a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses deliver better, personal customer service to millions of customers using Kayako. We are on a mission to completely revolutionize the way businesses support and build relationships with their customers. Why do we care? Because life's too short for bad customer service. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line.